What are your delivery charges?
- Please see our delivery information page
Where is my order?
- Once your order is accepted you will receive an email with a link to tracking information from the Royal Mail. This will show you when your delivery is due. If for any reason you cannot access this information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help.
What is your returns policy?
- Please see our returns policy
What do I do if I’ve forgotten my password?
- When you go to our customer login page there will be a link to “forgot my password”. If you click this it will allow you to reset your password by inputting the email address you used to register with originally. If you have any issues please contact us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help.
Which payment methods do you accept?
- We accept all major payment methods including Visa, Visa Debit, Mastercard, Maestro, American Express and Paypal.
Do you offer an engraving service?
- We offer a free engraving service on all of our engravable jewellery when purchased on-line, directly through the Katie Belle website. Shop our engravable pieces here.
How will I know if my bracelet will fit?
- All of our bracelets come with an adjustable slider mechanism which means one size fits all.
How should I care for my jewellery?
- Please see our caring for your jewellery guide
Do you offer a guarantee?
- All of our jewellery comes with a 12 month warranty provided you have proof of purchase. Depending on the problem we will either repair or replace your item of jewellery. Please note that for the warranty to be valid you will have to return your faulty item to us in full, to enable us to either repair or issue a replacement product.
- The warranty covers any manufacturing defects. It does not cover wear and tear, misuse or accidental damage. It also does not cover any product that is lost or stolen.
- Please contact us with any warranty claims/questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is gold vermeil?
- Put simply, Gold Vermeil is the term for gold plated sterling silver. However for a product to be called vermeil, it must meet certain criteria. The base metal must be sterling silver, the layer of gold must have a minimum thickness of 2.5 microns and be at least 10 carat gold. We use 18 carat gold for all of our vermeil products.
- Vermeil is much more durable than gold plating due to the thickness of plating used. It offers a great quality, affordable alternative to solid gold and if treated well should last for years.
Are your items hallmarked?
- All of our products are made with sterling silver. This means that the silver contains at least 92.5% of pure silver. Any item of sterling silver jewellery weighing over 7.78g should be hallmarked by the UK assay office.
- All of our items weighing over this amount are independently tested at the Birmingham Assay office and have the following 3 marks applied
- Sponsors mark – this is our Katie Belle Logo
- Standard Purity Mark – 925 in the case of sterling silver
- Assay office mark – this is specific to each of the 4 UK assay offices. In the case of Birmingham Assay office their mark is an anchor.
- For any further information please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com